We have rebranded!!
You can still order our beautiful hand made woollen bedding products on this website, or head to our new website:
We have a brand new shop!
Come and see us at The Country Shop which is at 114 Godfrey Street, Boort in Victoria, Australia.
CLICK AND COLLECT IS NOW AVAILABLE.
LOOK FOR THE OPTION AT CHECKOUT.
We manufacture top quality 100% Australian wool bedding at The Country Shop in Boort in North Central Victoria.
We make doona style quilts, under-blankets, pillows and Woolly Warmers in all the standard sizes, plus, because all our products are individually handmade, we can customise any of our range to suit your particular needs.
The wool in all our products is grown on local farms on local sheep and then sent to Geelong for cleaning and carding*. The “Dry Clean Only” range is washed, carded, and naturally chemical free; making it ideal for allergy sufferers and people with chemical sensitivity. The “Washable” range goes through an extra process, a hot water wash, to pre-shrink the wool. After cleaning, the wool is then brought back to the factory on the shop where our fabulous team of machinists craft it into our soft and fluffy bedding. We bundle up your orders and send via Australia Post for speedy delivery direct to your door. You’ll love our packaging, it’s so cute!
*Carding is a mechanical process that disentangles, cleans and intermixes fibres to produce a continuous web or sliver suitable for subsequent processing.
Buying wool bedding is the best idea for your health. We spend so much time in bed over our lifetime, it’s really important to make it a comfortable and healthy experience. And truly, is there anything better than a good night’s sleep!
Here are some of the features and benefits of our Country Wool Bedding products:
• Wool is nature’s most wonderful natural fibre
• Non-carbonized wool= chemical free bedding = no chemical smell
• Wool helps naturally regulate our body temperature just as it does for the sheep. (“Hooray” say all the menopausal women!)
• We only use 100% pure wool encased in 100% cotton fabric
• Natural fibres foster a good night’s sleep
• Dust mites don’t live in wool – perfect for those with asthma and many other allergic conditions
• You can sleep more peacefully as wool is flame resistant
• Sourcing our wool locally is environmentally friendly
• All the wool is safely and carefully washed in bio-degradable soap
• Excellent resistance to mould and mildew
• Our quilts are delightfully plump and give your bed a wonderfully luxurious look
How do I choose the best product for me or my family? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help you decide or give one of our friendly staff a call or email if you’re not sure about anything; we’re here to help you.
It’s our wish for you to have the dream sleep you’re hoping for.
BRINGING THE WOOL FROM ‘THE EWE TO YOU’ FOR A BETTER NIGHTS SLEEP ALL YEAR ROUND!