We manufacture top quality 100% Australian wool bedding on our farm at Boort in North Central Victoria.
We make doona style quilts, under-blankets, pillows and Woolly Warmers in all the standard sizes, plus, because all our products are individually handmade, we can customise any of our range to suit your particular needs.
The wool in all our products is grown on local farms on local sheep and then sent to Geelong for cleaning and carding*. The “Dry Clean Only” range is washed, carded, and naturally chemical free; making it ideal for allergy sufferers and people with chemical sensitivity. The “Washable” range goes through an extra process, a hot water wash, to pre-shrink the wool and is processed with a small amount of peroxide and chlorine (but doesn’t feel any different to you and doesn’t have any chemical smell). After cleaning, the wool is then brought back to the factory on the farm where our fabulous team of machinists craft it into our soft and fluffy bedding. We bundle up your orders and send via Australia Post for speedy delivery direct to your door. You’ll love our packaging, it’s so cute!
*Carding is a mechanical process that disentangles, cleans and intermixes fibres to produce a continuous web or sliver suitable for subsequent processing.
Buying wool bedding is the best idea for your health. We spend so much time in bed over our lifetime, it’s really important to make it a comfortable and healthy experience. And truly, is there anything better than a good night’s sleep!
Here are some of the features and benefits of our AWQ-Boort products:
• Wool is nature’s most wonderful natural fibre
• Non-carbonized wool= chemical free bedding = no chemical smell
• Wool helps naturally regulate our body temperature just as it does for the sheep. (“Hooray” say all the menopausal women!)
• We only use 100% pure wool encased in 100% cotton fabric
• Natural fibres foster a good night’s sleep
• Dust mites don’t live in wool – perfect for those with asthma and many other allergic conditions
• You can sleep more peacefully as wool is flame resistant
• Sourcing our wool locally is environmentally friendly
• All the wool is safely and carefully washed in bio-degradable soap
• Excellent resistance to mould and mildew
• Our quilts are delightfully plump and give your bed a wonderfully luxurious look
How do I choose the best product for me or my family? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help you decide or give one of our friendly staff a call or email if you’re not sure about anything; we’re here to help you.
It’s our wish for you to have the dream sleep you’re hoping for.
“We would love to see you if you would like to visit us at the farm some time. We are open all year round and love entertaining visitors; Whilst we’re not a café as such, we do do cuppas, tastings, morning and afternoon tea, lunch etc. Come in your car, coach or bring your RV to stay free for a night or two.
There’s also loads to see and do around Boort, like The Spanner Man’s amazing sculpture garden, the many olive groves and much much more. Click on our Tourism tab for more information.”
Ian & Marilyn Lanyon
BRINGING THE WOOL FROM ‘THE EWE TO YOU’ FOR A BETTER NIGHTS SLEEP ALL YEAR ROUND!